February 07, 2014

Seventeen Phwoarr Paint

You probably know by now that I like a flawless base, and massive lashes. So aside from a full coverage foundation I need a concealer that is able to cancel out any unwanted pigmentation - read: dark circles. My beloved Collection concealer, you know the one, has always been a part of my routine so I thought it was about time to bring some competition into the mix...

Seventeen Phwoarr Paint, aka the dupe of Benefit Boi-ing, is said to be a heavy duty concealer. With only a small amount, this creamy textured concealer helps to cover dark circles and although it is targeted at under neath your eyes, this works wonders on hiding any blemishes on the skin as well. Creamy to apply but with a powder finish, I found that this concealer clung to dry patches that I didn't even know I had and creased beneath my eye when using it post-foundation. I also find the shade range to be quite disappointing, the shade 'fair' just isn't fair enough for my skin tone. However, I have found a way to get this to work for me. Applied pre-foundation to my dark circles and any redness, this product works great as a part of a team alongside my foundation and another concealer in helping me achieve my coveted flawless base. 

My Collection concealer may remain unrivaled but this little pot is great to have to your collection if like a full-coverage long lasting concealer and can find a way to combat any dryness. 

What is your favourite concealer? 

15 comments:

  1. Oooh I'm definitely going to try using it before my foundation, as I've been having the same sort of problems :)
    http://wwwclairabelle.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've got to say, NARS creamy radiant concealer is by far the best I've ever tried! I know it's a bit of an investment, but it truly does the job! I love how highly pigmented it is too, that way I only need a very small amount to get the desired effect ;)

    xx -b.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this one for blemishes and my NARS creamy concealer for under eyes, perfect combo! x

    andbeautyorsomething.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  4. This reminds me so much of the Laura Mercier concealers- they look really alike! And I love Seventeen- they're such a great affordable brand! x

    Sharlotte // Sharlotte

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the collection one too but i might give this a try!

    Hannah Heartss xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have this and really like it. I just wish it wasn't so drying - I've found it really hard to use recently! x

    Jordan-Alice

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have been on the hunt for this product but can't find it anywhere :(
    Casualllyawkward

    ReplyDelete
  8. It's okay but I was also a bit disappointed! I prefer MAC Studio Fix for a heavy duty concealer which also has a way better shade range and works perfectly in conjunction with Collection Lasting Perfection :) xx

    http://headscribbles.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  9. Looks so good. I love the Nars Creamy Concealer xxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. I've been absolutely loving the Benefit Boi-Ing concealer at the moment but I tried this today as a comparison and really didn't like it! The smallest amount looked so dry and cakey under my eyes, I'll definitely stick to Benefit :) xx
    www.LaurasHaven.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. There's been some great reviews on this, I'd like to give it a go to see if it can rival the famous Collection offering!

    www.walking-in-heels.blogspot.com

    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love my Nars Radiant Creamy Concealer as it just does an amazing job, and stays put all day without letting my darkness come out! If I have extremely dark circles, I will add the Bobby Brown corrector underneath! I like this one because it is a little bit thicker, covers well and doesn't crease!
    xx

    Alexandra | The A Style | Beauty and lifestyle

    ReplyDelete
  13. I've yet to try this but have been enjoying using the Maybelline Fit Me Concealer which is supposed to be a dupe for the Nars creamy concealor. I can't speak for the comparison but I do love it.

    Victoria
    FlorenceandMary.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great post, sounds like it's not the best but I'm sure it's quite inexpensive too. My favourite concealer is benefit's fake up and, funnily enough, I actually blogged about it yesterday! Feel free to check it out if it takes your fancy.
    Now following your blog and looking forward to your next post - your reviews seem really honest which is very useful!
    Jo x
    www.bancroften.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete