July 17, 2013

GUEST POST: Dolled Up London - Favourite MAC Products

Hey Lovelies,

Some of you might know me from my blog Dolled Up London .  And if you read my blog, you’ll also know that I’m pretty obsessed with MAC Cosmetics. It’s a brand I’ve loved for many years, but it was only last year when things got a little out of hand and I acquired enough make up to open my very own MAC counter. No, I didn’t win the lottery, but I did complete a make up course at the London College of Fashion. As part of that course we were given a MAC pro discount for one evening. If I remember rightly the discount was 35%, so needless to say I went a bit nuts with it. I ended up buying a ton of stuff so today I thought I would share with you some of my very favourite MAC products!

Eyeshadows
I love MAC eyeshadows and would even go as far as saying they are the best ones out on the market. The colour range is second to none. MAC eyeshadows are very pigmented and easy to blend. Even though I own all 3 Urban Decay Naked pallets, it’s my MAC eyeshadows I reach for on a daily basis. I’ve got 2 15-pan pallets, a quad as well as a few loose shadows. I know that’s slightly OTT but MAC shadows really are a bit like Pringles. Once you shop, you can’t stop! Must-have colours for me include All That Glitters, Woodwinked and Satin Taupe, so if you don’t already have them in your collection write them down and check them out next time you’re at MAC!

MAC Paint Pots
MAC paint pots work as an eyeshadow base that make the colours pop and stay on all day long. They come in various lovely shades and are also great if you can’t be bothered to apply a lot of eye make up. You can either wear them on their own or as an eyeshadow base. I always apply my MAC paint pots using my fingers. They are very long wearing and highly pigmented. If you’ve got any MAC paint pots in your collection, make sure you store them upside down because it helps to prevent them from drying out.

MAC Brushes
One of my all time favourite MAC products would have to be their 217 brush. It’s a fluffy blending brush that can not only be used to apply eyeshadow, but also concealer or highlighter. I actually own 2 of these, one to apply the eyeshadow and another one to blend it with. It’s a brush I use on a daily basis and I could not be without it. I know MAC brushes can be a bit on the pricey side, but they are a worthwhile investment. I’ve owned my MAC brushes for many years and they are still in excellent condition. Even though I am also a big fan of Reach Techniques brushes, I definitely prefer MAC brushes for powder products. I only use my Real Techniques ones for foundation and concealer.

MAC Lipsticks
Right some people are crazy about MAC lipsticks. They are often the first product bloggers purchase when they are just starting out with MAC and I can see why. Most MAC lipsticks are very pigmented and long wearing.  Like MAC eyeshadows, their lipsticks have a huge colour and finish selection. Personally I very rarely buy MAC lipsticks though because if you return 6 MAC empties to the MAC counter you can actually exchange them for a free full size MAC lipstick. Yes you’ve heard right, a free MAC lipstick, so make sure you never throw out any of your MAC empties!

MAC Concealers
I love MAC concealers because they are great for covering up scars, blemishes, hyperpigmentation and all sorts of other nasties which can sometimes pop up on our face. A personal favourite of mine is their Pro Longwear concealer. As the name suggests, it’s long wearing. The pigmentation is also great. I use the Pro Longwear concealer to cover the dark circles under my eyes. It works great and doesn’t crease or budge all day long! If you are looking for a MAC undereye concealer, always go for an NW shade rather than an NC shade. NW shades are pink based, NC shades are yellow based.  Pink tones are more effective for concealing dark shadows under your eyes.

MAC Mineralise Skinfinish Natural
MAC MSFs (Mineralise Skinfinish Natural) are a really lovely product. If you’ve got amazing skin, you can use them instead of foundation because the coverage is very light. This product gives a lovely dewy finish to the skin. Sadly for me, my skin isn’t great so I do need to wear foundation. I usually set my foundation using my MSF natural. You can also buy this product several shades darker than your skin tone and use it to contour your face or as a bronzer.

Well, these are just some of my MAC favourites! What’s your favourite MAC product?
Thank you for reading and thank you to Emma for letting my guest post on your lovely blog!

Nuala xxx

3 comments:

  1. (Emma) I've just read your post over on Nuala's blog and loved it! (Nuala) I also love groundwork, so easy to create the perfect simple eye look with that one. A 217 is an everyday essential! X

    www.takingkate.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete