January 19, 2014

Weekly Loves #3

Weekly Loves #3
This week I took the time to try out some new makeup and different ways of applying it, nothing revolutionary just ways that I hadn't tried before and I have to say I have loved the results. So this week there a couple of old favourites mixed with a couple new ones...

Something I have loved for well over a year now is Essie Fiji. This colour is pure perfection if you like a feminine, yet sophisticated manicure as it the softest of pink shade that makes your tips look super polished. 
Another old-ish favourite is Benefit They're Real Mascara. It is no secret that I am a lover of lashes - the bigger the better if you ask me. So when I discovered They're Real I was over the moon, I know some people don't like this mascara but it works wonders for me and gives the longest fullest lashes I have ever seen (well, without false ones!).

On to the new discoveries. Kevyn Aucoin The Sculpting Powder is quite well known in the beauty world for defining cheek bones on the roundest of faces and I have to say that this didn't disappoint. With only the tiniest amount blended through the hollows of your cheeks you are left with the most natural looking contour and cheek bones to kill! 
The newest of the bunch and probably my favourite thing so far of 2014 is the Soap & Glory Supercat Liquid Liner. Usually a gel eyeliner girl at heart, I have been using this liquid liner almost every day as a quicker alternative to getting the winged eyeliner that I love. 

This week has a pretty good one makeup-wise. How has your's been? 

17 comments:

  1. I absolutely love Benefit's They're Real... I don't think I could use anything else now! x

    duggydimples

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't believe how amazing it is! I use this pretty much everyday! xx

      Delete
  2. I really love the Benefit They're Real Mascara, it's so amazing and I have the Kevin Aucoin The Sculpting Powder on my wish list!
    Casualllyawkward

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It does give the nicest lashes! The sculpting powder is amazing! xx

      Delete
  3. I really must try Fiji! I have a couple of other essie nudes but this looks just perfect!
    Carrie xx

    carriebrighton

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. it is probably my all time favourite shade! xx

      Delete
  4. I reeeeealy want to try benefit's "They're Real! buuut it's so overpriced! :-(

    Sharlotte // Sharlotte

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. it is quite pricey, but it is well worth it if you want dramatic lashes xx

      Delete
  5. Your photography is fab!! I really want to try Essie nail polishes but I can never decide if I want to spend so much on one polish!
    xxx

    www.salted-roses.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you! I would - they last so long :) xx

      Delete
  6. I'm with you, I'm totally in love with They're Real they make my lashes fabulous

    www.walking-in-heels.blogspot.com

    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Essie Fiji is such a gorgeous shade. I have yet to pick it up, but I'm sure I won't be disappointed when I do.
    Happy to have found your blog. Following! Looking forward to future posts.
    xx
    Celina | The Celution | Bloglovin’

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You must pick it up - it is a beaut! Thank you! xx

      Delete
  8. The Kevyn Aucoin powder sounds right up my street, will have to check it out! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. it is a little pricey, but it is amazing! xx

      Delete
  9. love how clear your photography is! really asthetically pleasing :3

    ReplyDelete