January 05, 2014

Weekly Loves #1

Monthly favorites are my favourite posts, both to read to and to write. They are also the main cause of my very extensive wish list. So I thought why not make them a bit more regular - daily would have been too much so I settled with weekly. So welcome to my Weekly Loves! It should also help with one of my new years resolutions which is to start switching up my everyday products. 

The Bourjois Healthy Mix Radiance Reveal Foundation was a close companion of mine over the summer months and I now find myself reaching for this most mornings to mix with my beloved Double Wear. Going half and half with these two foundations gives my complexion a lovely healthy glow and despite it being full coverage, it looks perfectly natural. 
Also to give my skin a bit of a boost in the glow department I have been loving the Origins Drink Up-Intensive Overnight Mask. A firm favourite in my skincare stash, this has been out shining all of my other products by turning my dull, dry skin into a hydrated and glowing (plus much easier to work with) base. 

Besides trying for a more summery base, I am still in love with the plum hues that coincides with the colder weather. Being the only blush that is not pink, peach or a combination of them both in my collection, MAC Azalea Blossom blush has been getting a lot of attention recently. The purple half of this blush accompanies a berry-toned makeup look beautifully... not to mention how pretty it looks in the pan?
To go along side this I have kept things simple - lip-wise, meaning that the KORRES Lip Butter in Jasmine has been my best friend. 

Just as it did last year, Christmas 2013 saw Essie Leading Lady adorning my nails right up until the new year. This is a pretty special polish, not just for the festive feeling it brings but the red glitter that runs throughout always has compliments rolling in. Unless something better comes along, I predict this may be my Christmas manicure of 2014 as well. 

What have you been loving this week? 

6 comments:

  1. I love the idea of weekly favourites! I really like the sound of the Origins Drink Up Overnight Mask, it's been on my wishlist for ages, definitely have to invest! x

    Rachael | www.overdosedemaquillage.com ♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. it is a wonder product, I would really recommend it :) xx

      Delete
  2. The Korres Lip Butters have been on my wish list for sometime, they look so buttery and the colours are exquisite x

    Abbie from Dainty Little Dreams

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. they are amazing! I definitely want to get some more colours :) Xx

      Delete
  3. Love the idea of weekly favourites! Love these products, especially the mask and KORRES lip butter as I finally own one now! :) Really want to try the Bourjois healthy mix foundation, sounds amazing.

    Claudia xx | Beauty and the Chic

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. the lip butters are lovely aren't they? You should definitely give the foundation a go! xx

      Delete